Saturday 13 July 2019

Comments and Sketchy Scoring

I really do wonder about the comments left on Literotica, it's almost like they don't understand it's fiction/fantasy. For example, this comment left on 'Thirty Seven Days' yesterday:

"Leave you can get the cage taken off no need to stay with a whore other good women out there she is just a big slut get some balls get out any wife that could that to her husband is not much of a woman"

And that's not the only comment that treats my stories as if they are extracts from a factual diary. I don't know whether to be proud that they believe it's real, or pity their stupidity... or what.

---

Last month I posted a tease to Milovana, which had an unexpectedly high score of 4.4/5.0 with one day to go before the scoring closed and the 'Tease of the Month' polls were announced. On that last day the tease dropped from 4.4 down to 3.8, in the space of about 8/9 hours. Prior to that the score had been 4.4 for about 4-4 days, having fallen from an initial score of 4.6. As a result, I went from being the top scoring 'Classic' tease that month, to not even qualifying for the polls.

Now, personally I don't think the tease particularly deserved 4.4 as that is a very high score, but what irked me is the way it dropped in the last few hours. It just seemed a bit odd to me, given that the tease had been viewed (and presumably voted on) thousands of times. It's a bit like when you post a story to Literotica, at first the votes can go up and down, but eventually it gets to a point where it stabilises as it requires a lot of votes to upset the average and push it down or pull it up.

I know there has been some dubious voting in the polls in the past and as only the forum members can vote and it's a very small number of votes cast, it's presumably quite easy to manipulate if you have a few fake accounts... but this must surely require much more effort and some technical knowledge to con the system that you haven't already voted. The alternative is to believe that hundreds of people all voted me down at the last minute, which doesn't seem terribly likely if I'm honest.

2 comments:

  1. I think a lot of the Literotica readers do not understand that Loving Wives is actually about cuckolding. They go in there to read something thinking it's like the Romantic section, and then vote a lesser number for being displeased. Maybe you need to put a disclaimer at the top of each story like I have seen from some other authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JoeElf
      Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, sorry it's taken me a week to notice! 'Loving Wives' is a bit of a joke, and to be honest I don't think a disclaimer would help. You could write a story called 'My Wife Cucked Me With Ten Huge Black Dicks and I Sucked Every One of them Clean' and you would still get morons reading every chapter and typing 'CUCK FAG SHIT GET THIS OUT OF LOVING WIVES!!!!!!!!!' on every single chapter.
      RA

      Delete