Sunday, 20 September 2026

I Really Really Really Hate AI

A few days ago someone contacted me, not out of the blue, we had spoken before, and told me they were a bit miffed with Literotica because they had rejected a story because they suspected it had been written using AI. He said he hadn't used AI and he asked me to read it and give me my feedback.

Actually he sent me two stories, one of which was his 'memoir' I guess you'd call it and the other one was a cuckold fantasy based on his own experiences. The second one was okay, a bit bland, but it didn't strike me as written by AI, but it did feel a bit 'off', a bit lifeless, like it needed some pepping up. It was like PG18 porn if that makes sense.

The other story was hard to read, because it was so flowery and carried that typical AI trait of over-describing everything like a novelist trying to get their word count up. I could only get about half way through it before I gave up

So then the guy tells me one of the things they said about the story was that the paragraphs were too long, which now everybody reads on phones I get, because a normal paragraph on a laptop looks like a wall of unreadable text on a phone. And then he said he used AI to do the formatting.

As our conversation progressed the guy changed his story from 'I didn't use AI' to 'only used it for formatting' to 'I use AI to smooth out my writing'. Hmm...

He then told me that he used AI from the minute he woke up to the minute he went to sleep and gave me a long list of things he used it for, including coding, analysis and all sorts of stuff. He said it allowed him to '10x his life'. Does that sound like the sort of person who 'didn't use AI' to write his story. Does it fuck.

So the guy flat out lied to me, basically. But he still wanted my help.... well fuck that. I'm not sitting up til 3am writing so that you can '10x your life' (who talks like that?) while AI does it for you. Which it can't, because presumably Elon forgot to train it to write filth. Why? Because there's no money in it.

He came back to me, said he'd tweaked the story (got AI to write it again) as per my recommendations. I read half a page and deleted the emails. Fuck that. I'm not here to help you take short cuts. If someone came to me for help with actual writing, I'd help them... but even when I called him out on using AI he claimed he didn't just put a few prompts in and post the results. No, he 'sculpted and guided the AI'... which clearly doesn't work because the stories were dull, dull, dull.

I hate AI. And I particularly hate it when people use it to illustrate their blogs, because blogging is supposed to be you sharing your life, and polluting it with that cartoony shit just makes me question how authentic YOU are being.

Don't get me wrong, AI has it's uses, I once used it to improve the quality of a photo I'd taken so I could use it at a large scale. It saved me hours of (pointless) work and probably ended up better than I ever would have got it. It looked a bit cartoony though, but it didn't matter because it was a photo of some graffiti. And I'm sure it's good for writing reports (that no one's ever going to read) and spreadsheets and all that stuff.

But creatively it's a mess. AI pictures look weird, and I writing is just boring to read. As someone once said, why should I bother to read something you couldn't be bothered to write?

And you know, people don't expect perfection. They can overlook poor grammar, they can overlook a lot if the story is good and it makes them FEEL something. Those two stories didn't make me FEEL jack shit. It was just words, mediocre words produced by a corporate machine that doesn't 'understand' anything it's spewing out, and doesn't take any responsibility for it's actions either. 

Never mind the fact that data centres are ruining people's lives, and using untold amounts of water and energy. I mean we have to have shitty lightbulbs because 'the planet is dying' but they can use as much electricity as they like to produce pointless slop? That makes zero sense to me.

Hopefully, in the not too distant future the bills are going to come due and the Governments of the world are going to fight back against this shit. I'm sure we're going to end up paying for it and it's probably going to cause a financial meltdown, but if it means I never have to see Sam Altman's stupid face ever again then fine.

In the meantime AI might not kill us all, but it's certainly enshittifying the entire internet at an alarming rate, and I say good on Literotica for at least trying to keep their site free of that dross. I just found a blog using my posts and AI generated pictures to sell their 'Femdom Training' video archive (worth $28,000 apparently! - HAHAHAHA), so no I don't want anything to do with this garbage. 

1 comment:

  1. AI has its place, but its overhyped to hell and it's going to cause huge financial problems, not least that the companies are overvalued so badly that in a few years I could see it being treated as fraud. I agree, keep those shitty pictures off of Blogger, they look awful and reek of inauthenticity.

    ReplyDelete